Stroke SA was established to provide much needed support and information to people who had experienced a stroke and their carers.
Stroke SA Endeavours:
- To promote appropriate services for the treatment and rehabilitation for those with stroke.
- To increase public awareness of stroke.
- To increase the amount of literature to cover all problems after stroke.
- To have support groups in all areas.
Volunteer staff are involved with:
- Telephone contacts and individual support work.
- Guest speaking to groups or at functions.
- Distribution of information on stroke which includes articles, books, quarterly newsletter, videos, audio tapes etc.
- Organisation of awareness / educational events e.g. Stroke awareness week.
- Liaison with and support of stroke support groups.
Messages will be followed up by volunteers.
We have a selection of Christmas cards for sale. All proceeds will assist Stroke SA Inc.